The UK’s 10th Nutrition and Hydration Week is here! Nutrition and Hydration Week is an annual event with a shared objective to highlight, promote and celebrate improvements in providing nutrition and hydration locally, nationally and globally.
Nutrition and Hydration Week is an excellent opportunity for organisations to improve the health and wellbeing of their employees. By promoting good nutrition and hydration, employers can help their staff stay healthy, productive and motivated.
There are many benefits to employees of keeping on top of their nutrition and hydration, including:
– Improved energy levels and concentration
– Reduced risk of health problems such as obesity, heart disease and diabetes
– Better mental wellbeing
– Reduced absences
The workplace can also promote good nutrition and hydration amongst its employees, some ways in which employers can do so include:
– Offer healthy food options at work canteens or vending machines, such as fruit and vegetables, whole grains and low-fat proteins
– Encourage staff to take regular breaks for snacks and water
– Incorporate standing desks, allowing employees more range for movement and opportunity to remain more alert and active
– Host nutrition workshops and talks
– Promote workplace wellness programmes such as Genesis Wellbeing Medicals
Genesis Wellbeing Medicals can help identify those at most risk of heart disease, stroke or chance of developing Type 2 Diabetes over the next ten years. Genesis provides employees with a detailed report, including recommendations and additional material for support.
To find out more, please contact our office on 01387 248811 or email email@example.com.